Monday, December 27, 2010

Cousin's Surgery

My cousin had surgery on his shoulder today. So, being the good cousin that I am, I brought him lunch. What did I bring for lunch? Well I will tell you! ...I brought him pasta with marinara sauce. The sauce was made using my grandma's recipe. I will share it, since I love my readers so much.

Grandma's Marinara Recipe
2 tablespoons fresh parsley
1 teaspoon of garlic powder
1 can crushed tomatoes
2 tablespoons fresh oregano
1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
1 can tomato puree
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese

In addition to visiting my cousin today, I always met up with a friend of mine. His English name is Max, and he is a foreign exchange student from China. He taught me a few phrases of Mandarin. I had him write them down, in English and Mandarin, and I will share them.

Hello - 你好      I don't have too much trouble saying this one. :-D

How are you? - 你好吗   I can't say that one worth a darn.

Law school is difficult and stressful. - 法学院是非常难进入 它也是非常紧张的 I couldn't say that one at all. :(

1 comment:

  1. Nothing like some home cooking to brighten your day!

    ReplyDelete