Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Postal Grit

I saw True Grit today. I also went to the post office.

I really enjoyed the film. There is nothing like a boyish girl and a rotting man to get your eyes going. Jeff Bridge's performance was astounding. He really channeled Portis' "Rooster" well. The 19th century American justice system is intriguing. As much as I would love to be an attorney, I think I would have been a sheriff back then.

The post office was not so enjoyable. Long lines and rancid 'gines. That's right. The woman in front of me had a yeast infection that would put even the most unsanitary hookers to shame. I could almost seeing the fungi clawing at the cloth that contained them, as an army of gnats circled above.

I did get some nice stamps though! The 2011 Forever stamps to be specific! They look damn spiffy, if I do say so myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment